Sunday, April 6, 2008

Week of Many Firsts

Being first time parents almost every day brings us firsts. These were worth mentioning.
Max had his first trip to the zoo last week. We went to the Sacramento Zoo with the Kapele Family, Mills Family and Grandma Mills. It happened to be Erik's birthday so we celebrated in the park with cupcakes, party hats and a song before we went inside. The weather was great and we had a fun time!Above was after the zoo getting ready to go home. The park by the zoo was really beautiful. Below, Max and I were posing in front of the Red Panda's. You can't see any in this picture, but they sure make a tree branch look cozy.
This morning Max tried his first bowl of rice cereal. We started putting a little into his bottles last week to get his tummy ready. I think it worked. He actually liked it, mostly. Have you ever tasted rice cereal? It's gross. He was a little unsure of the texture, but by the second attempt this evening he ate it up! He was even holding the spoon (with Erik) and guiding it into his mouth.
I think Max was actually three months old when he was born.

4 thoughts of your own:

Gma Mills said...

i love his little smile under the brim of his hat in the picture with you. It was a fun day.

Fausett Family Facts said...

Love the picture of you holding him, and that hatway cute. Looks like he is having a great time. He looks so little in the picture with his daddy. I will have to meet Erik someday. Hi gma Mills, hope all is well with you too. Pete said he ran into Tom the other day.

Kelly said...

I think he wants to feed himself. You're not doing it right. :0)
Cool shirt Erik!

KAPELE KREW said...

That was a fun day.