Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Do I have to tell you twice?

This is just a vent really. I shop at Target (or Tear-get for you SNL fans...so funny!!!) pretty much all the time. I like to go there. Now, my mind might be changing. One of the things I hate most about the "public" is having to deal with the people who stand outside the doors to ask you things or sell you things or something along those lines.

Lately the question is "Are you registered to vote?", to which I reply "yes", and think I got off the hook. Noooooo! Well, they've tricked me and they want my signature on something because I am a registered voter. Fat chance now.

Today as I was leaving Target I saw the group crowding around another poor shopper and thought 'Oh good, they're busy'..noooooooo! Out of nowhere here comes a young man asking me if I'm registered to vote. I kindly reply, "Yes I am, but I don't have time right now.." You'd think that would end it right there, wouldn't you? Nooooo. he follows me and says 'It will just take a moment, all we need is a signature."

Didn't he hear me the first time? Now I feel harassed and want to tell him what I really want to say to him. I just kept walking.

The only people that should be allowed to attack shoppers are the Girl Scouts. They aren't sneaky, they just want to sell some cookies.

This reminds me of Sex in the City episode when Miranda walks by the Blimpie sandwich. His big job of the day is to tell people too "Eat Me". After a few days, she's upset by this and talks to the manager. She then feels bad and develops a crush on the talking sandwich. Man, I can't wait for the movie to come out!!!

3 thoughts of your own:

Kelly said...

They do this at Trader Joe's. I hate it. It really makes me not ever want to shop there, even though I love the products. It's annoying,...you can always say no...but they keep hounding you. No, I will not sign you clipboard...I only will buy thin mints from the cute girl scout trying to earn a prize.

The San Diego Mills said...

That really bothers me too! Who doesn't it bother really? No one likes to be harassed when they're just trying to buy some cleaning products and food. One day at Von's they had people at both entrances and I couldn't escape, really terrible!

Fausett Family Facts said...

I feel your pain, I also hate it when people are right by the door smoking! And I have to agree the only ones that should be allowed out there are the girl scouts.