Sunday, February 10, 2008

Who are you calling old?

Friday was a very special day. Grandma Dora celebrated her 90th Birthday!!!! Dora is Erik's Mother's Mother and she is one special lady! Most of us would think of a 90 year old to be, well, old. Not this one. Grandma, or Mor Mor, is the most active 90 year old I have ever met! She lives in a house by herself and her two cats. She does her own gardening, errands and appointments, attends church and church activities along with gardening clubs. She has the most amazing memory. She can remember dates and events like they were yesterday. It is so great to hear about her life and what it was like growing up.
We drove down to Grandma's house on Saturday and met Gail (Erik's Mom), Nicole (Erik's sister), Brian, Vivian, and Ethan. We went to lunch at the Westley Hotel for a special celebration and back to Grandma's for cake and gifts. It was such a nice day.Vivian, Ethan, Brian, Max and Erik enjoying the sun we had.
Mor Mor making her birthday wishes and blowing out her candles!
Tummy time on the grass.
Mor Mor and Max.
Gail, Nicole, Ethan, Vivian, Brian, Dora and Erik.
Mor Mor with her grandson and great grandson.
Grandma Gail feeding our little big man.
Nicole and Vivian. I LOVE this picture!!!!
All of us at lunch, which turned out to be dinner too. The meals were huge! They surprised us with custard and baklava and a song to help celebrate.
Happy 90th Birthday Grandma! Here's to many more happy years!!! We love you!


1 thoughts of your own:

Kelly said...

I can't believe Dora is 90. She is amazing. She's so sharp and has such a cute personality. I hope I'm like her when I grow up!