Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tahoe-we-o-we-o!!!!

My parents gave the family a great vacation to Lake Tahoe for the Easter weekend. We drove up Friday morning and came back this afternoon. There were 10 adults and 10 kids in a house that actually fit us all quite nicely. There was sledding, skiing, snowboarding, long walks, shopping, good food, John's fabulous fire, movie watching, snowman building, and the Easter Bunny even made a visit! Enough activities to keep everyone busy and the kids to get their energy out. Boy were they tired a the end of the day. We all hope this can be an annual event!
There were about a million pictures taken, but everyone will post their own on their family blogs. I just grabbed a few to put up here.
This is Erik and Max Easter morning. Max played Easter Bunny. He's always so happy when he wakes up!
Max enjoyed his first time in the snow. I found this little toddler sled and crossed my fingers. Turned out, he really liked it...as long as he was moving anyway. He got to touch the snow and taste it.
Even with all this snow, it was really warm. Shortly after this, Max cuddled up on my shoulder and fell asleep. Come to think of it, he was probably already sleeping when this picture was taken. What a good sport.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Mills, you guys really made it great!!!!

5 thoughts of your own:

The San Diego Mills said...

That looks like such fun. I'm sorry we couldn't be there. Those are really the cutest pictures. I love baby sunglasses! The picture where you mom is holding him and he is smiling is also adorable! Happy belated Easter!

Alaina, Nick, Andrew, & Lauren said...

What a fun weekend! I hope you got some reading time in for yourself. That toddler sled is great, and Max is looking right at home in it, even if he is asleep. ;-)

Trish said...

Juli, you're doing such a great job! Max is so adorable. Gotta love a man that falls asleep on a sled. I love that toddler sled... it's so cute. Actually Max is saying "I make this look good."

I think Kristen and I founded the first Easter in Tahoe back when Seth and Clay were the babies... so six years ago... WAY too much fun! Wish I could have been there--heck, I wish I was in your family. Your mom and dad rock.

KAPELE KREW said...

This was such a fun trip. Yes Trish, we did found this Easter Tahoe trip. Wow, that was 6 years ago! Time flies! I loved that trip. It is so fun to be there for Easter. The snow was so beautiful. Max was so sweet the whole time.

Fausett Family Facts said...

Your little Max is so precious. I love the pictures of him in his sled. Looks like you guys had a great time and made lots of great memories. I know I have great memories with the Mills'. Your family rocks!!!