Last night Erik ad I decided to order take out and just stay in (like we venture out so often). There was a movie I wanted to see, The Namesake, about an Indian boy struggling with his culture while living in America. I started reading the book many years ago and unfortunately didn't finish it, but kept it with hopes to return to it someday. 
The move was excellent. It was a nice way to get the feel for Indian culture, which I think is beautiful. I used to work for an Indian doctor whom I admired very much. She has moved to Texas and we've lost most contact. But, I enjoyed meeting her family and helping her with American traditions for her two boys (like getting a Christmas Tree for example). Her marriage was arranged but she was one of the lucky ones because her husband was once of her brother's closest friends. So she knew about him already. We have a beautiful vase on our bookshelf that she brought back after a trip to India to visit her family.
Anyway, we decided to make it an Indian theme and order take out as well. When Erik lived in Berkeley, we ordered Indian food from a wonderful place ( I can't remember the name) all the time. When we lived in Oakland, we found another Indian place that wasn't so good. In fact ,we only ordered from them once. We are happy to announce we found the BEST Indian food in Vacaville called Torch of India.
Mexican food is my favorite food. But last night was a reminder of why Indian is a close second. YUMMMMMM!!! We have enough leftovers for another feast tonight. Can't wait!
Monday, March 31, 2008
A night in India
Sassy thoughts by the mrazek family at 9:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 thoughts of your own:
I can honestly say that I've never tried Indian food. Is it spicy? I have a sneaking suscpicion that I wouldn't like it so much! I always like theme nights like that though, lots of fun!
Melissa-There are a lot of spices and some dishes can be really spicy. Lots of curry.I know you are picky about some foods, but there are things like chicken in different sauces. It's really all about the sauce. And mint chutney (so good!)I know you like potatoes, so you'd probably like Samosas (sp?). It's like deep fried wrapped potatoes. When you guys come up we'll oder some and bring it to my parents so you can get a taste. If you don't like it...more for me!! heehee
Curry tastes awful.
Post a Comment