Friday, November 30, 2007

To update, or not to update...

..that is the question.

Here is the answer. I'm updating. Again.

We went to the doc again this morning to find some good news. This might be TMI for some, exciting for others. But, my cervix is completely soft (sorry Melissa, I know you waited to hear those words for weeks) and I'm slightly dilated. He said the baby's head has dropped a little lower, but not too far yet.

He reminded me that the baby was big (so nice of hime to remind me!). So he highly recommends to start the induction on the 5th, the due date. That's next Wednesday! That's so soon! That's so scary! If things go as planned, there will hopefully be a baby Thursday evening sometime. All a waiting game though.

I have been cramping most of the morning so that might mean something is starting up and I could deliver early. Or it could mean I'm fooling myself and I will deliver a linebacker next week. Either way, I trust my doctor and trust he knows what he's doing. He's been doing it for over 30 years, I'm sure he's learned a few things along the way. But, I feel good about his decisions. As long as the end result is a nice healthy baby (preferably 6 lbs...not gonna happen!).

We have a few last things to pick up today. I think other than that, we're ready to have a baby join us to make us a family. We feel very lucky. A bit nervous, but very lucky.

5 thoughts of your own:

Anonymous said...

It's gonna happen soon!!!!

Kelly said...

I REALLY think you need to post a 39 week picture, even if you are in the same clothes. After like 4 kids you'll look back at this pregnancy and think you look amazing. Just post the pictures.

Trish said...

Oh yay!! It's happening! I find myself wondering about you at random moments in my day... it's good to know what's going on. Blogs rule. You'll be great! Don't worry.

Oh, and I agree with Kelly (once again... good minds think alike) you will want to post those pics of you at 39 weeks. Fat at 20 is not the same as fat at 30. I should know.

the mrazek family said...

Trish, I am 30. haha And I couldn't agree with you more, 20 fat is so much cuter than 30 fat. I'd go back to 20 fat in a heartbeat...if it were that easy!

The San Diego Mills said...

Very exciting and scary at the same time, that's how I felt before Addy got here. (It may have had something to do with the fact that I was scared that we might not have a house to come back to, because it got burned down!) I'm glad your cervix is soft, instead of hard as a countertop like mine was! Congratulations!