Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sherious Schwellin'

I had my appointment on Friday and not much has changed except my weight. The doc thinks it's all water weight at this point. I think it's a 30 pound baby. No exciting news though. It was a let down of an appointment. I'll show him.

Walking (among other things...ahem...) have increased and we're keeping our fingers crossed that this little creature makes it's appearance sooner rather than later. I'm becoming incredibly uncomfortable, but surviving. All sorts of pains and such are making this more difficult. But, thankfully I am now off work and can lay down whenever needed. That's the easy part though...getting up is tough!

While I've been off work, I've come across a few interesting people. I've always liked seeing "grandma's" in public because they always smile at you. it's that warm, comforting smile that only a mother can give. I sometimes have to hold myself back from running up to them and cuddling myself into their arms.

I also like seeing younger mom's dealing with their own kiddo's while in public. Today, while at Costco, we passed a cute family several times and the younger of the two boys was acting, well, like a young boy. The older brother was walking nicely and rolling his eyes. And their sweet Mom started talking to the younger boy (trying to jump out of the cart at this point) saying, "Honey, please behave around the pregnant lady...we don't want to scare her." It was cute. Little does she know I have 7 nephews!

Then there is always the "special" people. I was sung to in the bathroom today about why this young lady's feet could not reach the floor. A few days ago I was approached by an employee at Marshall's (yes, I went there) asking to touch my belly. She was nice about it so I let her. But, I had to pull back some when I realized her eyes were going every way but straight and her hands had no control. I was pretty close to being felt up and when she asked where the head was I just said, "Um. It's low." And stepped back in fear of contact with the nether regions.

Creepy.

I'll post some real pictures when I get a chance.

**Edited**
Creepy poeple mean that I needed to remove the funny picture. Sorry to those who missed it!

2 thoughts of your own:

Trish said...

Dude. That is a seriously whack picture... I mean, it's sad and all what this guy is going through, but the little red slippers just make it all a little too dandy.

You're so close! I'm feeling for ya. I still have two months to go and I'm hurtin'. Well, on your next pregnancy (what? too soon?) you'll know to steer clear of weirdos at Marshall's.

Kelly said...

I don't get why you took the picture off. It was horrible, but that was the point. I think you should put it back.