It's here! I think Halloween is my favorite holiday. Christmas is sort of a given, but Halloween is just plain fun! I've always thought if I was going to be pregnant on Halloween I'd paint my belly like a pumpkin and have a clever costume. I had a few in mind. But, I came to the conclusion that I'm just too lazy to do any of that this year. I did wear black and orange today though. I even found my Halloween socks. Costume complete!
I did have a nice surprise last night to find my favorite Halloween movie on TV. "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" is one of the best things I've ever seen. It got interrupted with the earthquake updates a few times. But, that's okay. I suppose that's more important. I remember watching it the first time as teenager while babysitting and I laughed the entire way through. It was my first realization that many children's cartoon's are really for adult entertainment. How many times can one call another a "blockhead" and have it continue to be funny...A LOT!!!!! I felt bad for Charlie though, he's such a geek. My two favorite quotes are "I had a little trouble with the scissors." and "I got a rock". Too cute. I even changed my ring tone back to "Linus and Lucy" this morning. (I heart George Winston too).
So as I sit at my desk, pretending it's not month end and my piles are HUGE today, I'm dreaming of the smell of Halloween candy and remembering the jokes I heard on the way to work today.
Q: Do vampires eat popcorn with their fingers?
A: No, they eat their fingers separately.
Q: Why didn't the skeleton go to the dance?
A: Because he had no body to go with.
***adults only***
Q: Why did the witch go without underwear?
A: To get a better grip on the broom.
(Erik gave me that one- love him!)
I feel like a bad aunt this year too. I really don't know what all the kids are dressing up as this year. I know there is a doctor, a hippie, and a princess ballerina fairy. That's three of them. There's 12 kids total. Bad. So, so bad. So as all my sisters read these...fill me in on how your kids are dressing up! I'll be checking your blogs for pictures too like 50 times today (as usual) so post some pics!
Have a spooky day!!!!!!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Happy Halloween!!!!
Sassy thoughts by the mrazek family at 9:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 thoughts of your own:
You might not have dressed up cleverly on Halloween, but there was that memorable photo of you baring your belly along with the other pumpkins.
Can't wait to hold the real little pumpkin inside! The real little pumpkin who kicks with some real power! I look forward to meeting that baby.
Post a Comment