It's another election year. What an amazing election to follow.
I admit, I am really tired of this election and I am really looking forward to the end. But the more I think of our candidates, I really think it is amazing how far our country has come. We could have a black man or a female headed to the White House. That is just incredible.
This is the first time in my life I have ever voted for a President. Four years ago, Erik and I were in Mexico (with the DeGarmo's), and I wasn't "Vote By Mail" yet. So I missed it. While vacationing in luxury, we found out President George W. Bush was going in for a second term.
Before that, I was never registered to vote. I was able, I just didn't do it. Now I am, I did, and am proudly wearing my sticker reading , "I VOTED!"
We really are lucky to be able to live in a country that enables us to have different views. And we get to voice them. This election is making history. And regardless of who you are voting for, you are making history too.
Get out and VOTE!



1 thoughts of your own:
I agree, it really is such an exciting election this year! I'm not a big fan of either candidates, but it is very cool how historic it is and the fact that it is happening in our lifetime is great. It will be very interesting to see how everything turns out.
Post a Comment