Sunday, May 18, 2008

Turdy-nine Years.

My much older sister Kelly, beat us all to wishing our parents a Happy Anniversary, and blogging about it. Saturday marked their 39th wedding anniversary. They both say it has been nothing but pleasant, especially with 5 kids under the age of 10 in the house. And it only got better when they were all teenagers at the same time. That might not be true since they left town for the occasion and Mother's day fell in there too. I think it's too late to escape, guys.

We all love you and are so glad that your found each other. You have set so many important examples for us that are trying to figure life out. Here are a few pictures to remind you why your love is still so strong.

Hard not to be in love when your wife is a total hottie!




Keep love going with making out every chance you get. But not in front of your kids. So gross. I do remember my dad kissing my Mom after every dinner and thanking her in Spanish. Only, when we all took Spanish in high school we figured out he was telling her something else. (It was still nice).


Dressing up can be fun too, especially when you combine it with the making out. (Don't be so grossed out. The five kids weren't just dropped from the skies, ya know).




When you leave your kids with two cans of paint and a baby, the baby loses. By the time you have your 5th kid you grab your camera instead of the wooden spoon. (Side notes: 1)Yes, John and I painted Ryan and it was so fun! I still remember doing it. I probably started it. John did everything I told him to until he figured out how to get in trouble on his own. 2) Check out the old school car seat and 3) Happy Birthday tomorrow, Ryan...bubba...handgun!)

Always make sure your hair looks better than your kids.

Dress your kids the same so you don't lose them. Kelly looks like she has to pee, or it's her creative way to get out of the garb, Kristen just looks flat our pissed off and I look like I'm wearing a diaper. Backwards. Other people will think it's cute, right?
Keep smiling when you are really digging your nails in your 12-going-on-18-year-old-daughter is giving your attitude.
Remember that Olan Mills does these swell photos. And your kids will think it's cool because you made them believe that we are related to the company owners so we get "special treatment". Ice cream cones from Thrifty afterward was our special treatment. Another note with this is to always have humor in your home. Will Ferrell is super funny.

I didn't post anything about Mother's Day. Oops. It's my first and it was great. But that's old news now. Here is a picture of my Mom and I at the top of
Mt. Lola (near Tahoe) on a three day backpacking trip. I think I was 17 and my Mom was 29. Again. Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I love you!

6 thoughts of your own:

Jodie said...

I love it!!! The matching clothes, I am guilty of that. I'm laughing about your comments about the blue jumpsuits. I just love your family and looking at the pictures bring back a flood of memories!!

Kelly said...

I think I about peed myself. Too funny. I couldn't see the picture of you and John painting Ryan. You guys really were awful to him. I liked all the pics.

Gma Mills said...

This is so fun to read. I loved the comments - I've read several times and each time find something new and funny. Can't believe you have those pictures. A great blog!

The San Diego Mills said...

Oh how I love those sweet 80's pictures! It is unbelievable to me how much your dad looks like Jon in that top picture. The same facial expression and everything! I guess it shouldn't be too unbelievable since they're father and son, but still!

KAPELE KREW said...

Wow, we were kinda funny looking kids!

Fausett Family Facts said...

Way too cute. I love the girls dressed alike. Tom and Mardel, what a beautiful couple. The Jerich's are so blessed to have had you touch our lives. We love you guys!!