Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fam-uh-leeeeeeee

Last weekend we spent some time in Patterson to celebrate a family reunion with Erik's Mom's side of the family. It was a nice, hot day as we all sort of melted together. I was able to meet more of Erik's family, everyone was so wonderful and welcoming. And of course, were in love with Max. We also celebrated Grandma Dora's 90th birthday with everyone. She gave a nice little speech reminding everyone that it was her 80th and hopes to see everyone in 10 years. She's such a sweet lady. I may have this wrong, but this is all of the (first?) cousins. Grandma is in the front in the white pants and Gail (my mother-in-law) is sitting behind her in the green top. Standing behind Grandma, in the snappy suspenders, is Charlie. I'm pointing him out because this event was held at his home. They have a huge property and the backyard is a park-like setting. Luckily it was shaded with trees. To the left of this photo, outside the grassy area, they have a beautiful garden. Now that I'm a gardener (or so I think) I'm interested in other gardens and how their systems work. Theirs was amazing.
This is Grandma (Dora) and Gail (also a Grandma) with our little families.Nicole and Brian came down from Redding, always fun to see them. Pretty soon Max will be able to run around with Vivian and Ethan. In his mind, he already does. (Another gardening note, behind us is part of Charlie's compost pile. It really puts ours to shame).
His left leg looks so weird here. Like its 7 feet long.
Ethan with his Daddy's sunglasses.
Dora got another Happy Birthday sung to her. Yum, that cake was so good!
And that's all the pictures we took. The camera was out it just didn't get used very much. We had a great time, fun to visit with family and eat good food. See you all in another few years!

0 thoughts of your own: