Monday, December 3, 2007

A day late and a dollar short

I got a call from my doctor today asking if we could change D-day back to Thursday. I'm okay with it and happily agreed. He told me I was very sweet (let's let him continue to think this way until he tells me some stupid "man comment" in the middle of delivery). Yes, it's 24 more hours of being pregnant. But at the same time, yes, it's 24 hours of being pregnant!

If all goes as planned, I'll be at the hospital by 7pm-ish. He can do whatever it is he needs to do. I can watch Grey's at 9....then deliver whenever...as long as it's after 10pm. Sad, huh? I'll have some words with the toddler inside me beforehand. See, this is a team effort, and we don't want to start of my making mommy mad.

S/he will catch onto that concept as grow up together.

As far as the dollar goes, California state disability is just making me mad. Oh well, just another test on my patience.

6 thoughts of your own:

Jennifer said...

Whihooo!! Enjoy your last 24 hours of relaxation. :-) It just might be the last for many years....

hee-heee...

Trish said...

Go Juli! Lots of good wishes and prayers are with you today! My turn in 6 weeks!

The San Diego Mills said...

That's very exciting! I hope you get to watch your show. I'm very bummed that Dancing With the Stars is no longer on.

Alaina, Nick, Andrew, & Lauren said...

Well you took it better than I would have. At this point every hour seems like a whole day in itself. Hope you get to enjoy Grey's from your oh-so-cozy hospital bed! TOMORROW!!

Kelly said...

You're worried about your TV Show? You have no idea what's coming. Plan on never seeing what you want to watch again. :)

the mrazek family said...

Kelly, remember your "Jag" days? It's like that. Humor me, let me think I'm gonna be able to watch it during my last few moments of sanity.