Monday, November 28, 2011

Last Minute Party

When I say last minute, I mean we planned and put this party together in under 2 hours.

Over our Thanksgiving week our family was sick. And when I say our family, I mean 21 out of 26 people were in bed for days. It was hit or miss if we'd see family at planned events but it was highly contagious and it hit hard. We decided this was not an illness for wimps. It. Was. Rough.

Anyway...

We had planned a little birthday party for the cousins and had to cancel. So we decided we'd have a "come-if-you've-had-it-or-are-feeling-well-enough-to attend" party. We wanted to celebrate Addy (who was in town from San Diego), Max, Jordan, Andrew and Clay. And we pulled it off. It was pretty calm (calm for a Mills family party) and we missed the family that couldn't make it, but are sending get well wishes to them.

After everyone left Max said "This is the best birthday ever!" (His real bday is next week). He opened his first Hot Wheels toy here (first hot wheels thing other than the actual cars) and yelled "HOT WHEELS!" is the deepest, manly voice.




He also got a Monster Truck game for the Wii. He LOVES Monster Trucks and is learning the game. I've heard quite a few times "Daaaaad, when is it my turn?"

Side note: See Alex looking at a Cars book...we are having quite the lesson in sharing...it's a hard lesson to learn.


The ultimate gift. My parents gave his an ambulance. This is the ambulance he dances in front of when he sees it at Costco. I finally talked him out of sleeping with it in his bed, and convinced his next to his bed is better. The lights on the rig acted as his night light, and he kissed it good night and everything.  He sure loves his new "alabance" and taking patients to the "hoxtibal".



I absolutely love this picture of Addy. Addy's parents stayed at my parents house since they were ill so Addy got to come up without them. She had so much fun playing with her cousins and opening presents. And wearing our Pirate hat. She recently took a trip to Disneyland and she told me all about it. She is so sweet. We all wish they lived closer.



We celebrated Clay, who was counting up the dollars in his head as we went along...


..And Andrew. Who smiled a lot. And was very happy...


 ...and we celebrated Jordan too. The teenager. Who was happy with his gifts, despite his teenage expression.


Thanks to my family for making the last-minute trip to Vacaville to celebrate the kids! We had a great time!

3 thoughts of your own:

GmaMills said...

Can't go wrong at a birthday party! Thanks for hosting! Addy loved it. Cute pictures. Wish you would have printed one of Max and Alex "learning" to share!

The San Diego Mills said...

How cute! I'm so glad that you put it together and posted pictures. Addy had such a great time! She was so excited to show us all of her presents when she got home and played with everything the whole car ride home.

Kelly said...

I wish we could have made it, but barfing the whole time would not have been fun. This virus is annoying. Loved all the pictures. I wish I could have seen max bite Alex. You totally called that one!