Wednesday, January 26, 2011

First post (of the year)

I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted. I also realize I haven't been taking many pictures. We had a great holiday packed full of family and fun. What a fun time of year! Then the New Year sneaks up on ya, and bam! it's been nearly two months since I've blogged.

I usually have my phone available vs. the camera so these are from my phone. Just a little bit about what has been going on around here.

Alex. Adorable, sweet, sort of loving, sort of a cuddler, smiles a lot, charming at a distance, TOTAL Mama's boy (I secretly kind of like that), and total chaotic mess maker. He's come up with things Max never did, so I am always (trying to be) one step ahead of him. I have literally crawled around on my knees to see what would be appealing at his level, then moved it. He surprises me every day at what he is capable of. Mostly, CLIMBING!!

I know, I know, kids climb. But he's different. I find him up on the most unusual things ans in the most unusual places, gripping on to things with his little hands with all his might, grunting to reach the next level, using his heavy head for balance and swinging his skinny legs to reach the top. And determined, that little man. Phew! He exhausts me. And he's fast.
 So this little monster does have a sweet smile. Don't trust it! He will take advantage of you. That's all a part of his sneaky plan. (ha!) He was thrilled to see the art he could make with his chocolate. It was too cute for me to take from him. Every night at dinner he starts a game of peek-a-boo, which turns into this blinking game. He thinks he's pretty funny.
 Maxwell. Oh, such a softy. Sensitive, total chicken, cuddle man. Playing with play-doh here, his most recent favorite. After turning three the attitude showed its ugly face. Talking back and potty talk in full force. We take it one day at a time. Because he NEVER wants to hurt your feelings and if I udder the words, "but Max, that makes me really sad" he nearly loses it and apologizes. He sure is one for manners. Please's and thank-you's and bless you's and excuse me's coming out the wazoo. Very sweet boy.
His Grandma Gail got him  little baseball "T" for Christmas and we've had some fantastic weather to get outside and use it! He's a natural. (Seriously, he really is)
 And...he's POTTY TRAINED! We've sort of been working on it off and on over the last few months. Well, his cousin, Carter, stayed the night one night and that's all it took. Something just clicked this time. The next morning he wanted to be just like Carter and BAM! Done. Granted, it's only been a few days, and had a few accidents. But only ONE kid in diapers! Wahoo! the best thing about big boy underwear....the built in pocket! Yup, there's a car shoved in there. Again, Wahoo!!!!
They both got haircuts too. Alex's first time and he HATED it. Screamed his head off he whole time.

Erik has been working a TON. Like, one day off since Christmas. We sure miss him, but he needs to be doing this right now. Tonight he heads to a meeting to be on the list for a volunteer fire fighter in our town. It's just informative for now, so we hope it will all work out. I know, another thing in addition to working two jobs, but this is how this industry works. Taking opportunities and get your name/face out there as they come up. You never know if it's a "foot in the door" thing. He is doing great and loving being a paramedic. We are so proud of him and lucky he works so hard for us...(insert cheesy love song...teehee).

There...see you in two months...!
(I'll work on it)

0 thoughts of your own: