Monday, September 27, 2010

Photoverload

I'm pretty sure I saw the title somewhere else. I'm not that clever. (Is that even clever?) My creative energy is being put in other directions, not in the blog titles. I get bored with my usual "Update" or even better "More Updates". Although, the BEST blog title I've ever seen was "I have Blogstipation" on a friends blog who hadn't blogged in a while. I loved it. (I'd add their link but they haven't blogged in a really long time; blogstipation gone bad? And if they still read this blog, hello???? It's not snowing in Jersey anymore!!!! Blog some, huh? Although I am very thankful you live in California again and we get to see you more often. :)).


Okay, back to Photoverload.

We've been a little busy around here. We've welcomed the one day of fall we got and are now back in shorts. The one day brought illness too. It's making our way through our house. Unfortunately, it got the best of this one:
This was the end of it and we figured out he had roseola (click on name if you are interested) and he's totally fine. He had the rash from head to groin. Poor Alex. He's just going to be one of this sick kids through life. Started with a fever, then throwing up...um wait...that went like this:

Mom hears Alex crying in bed...coughing...crying....silent...coughing...go get Alex. Brings him out to the living room to rock and catch his poor coughing breath. Max is on the couch, takes one look at him and this started:

Max: Hi Owlex! Mom, Owlex is gonna bawrf.
Me: Ok, thanks Max
Alex: (Coughing)
I sit in the recliner with Alex as Max watched from the couch and repeats.
Max: Mom, Owlex is gonna bawrf on you.
Alex: (Sits up from Mommy's chest and pukes on it).
Max: AHHHHH (grinning like he just won the lottery)....hahaha...Yehhehhes!!!!! (then he air punches, straight up)
Mom: (Look at the ceiling, eyes closed, laughs) Groooooosssss!!!! Max will you get Mommy a towel please?
Max: (jumping and still giggling) He's gonna do it again, Mom.
Alex: Pukes in Mommy's lap.

My kid air punched for barf.

So that's it. Max thought it was wonderful and was thrilled to see his prediction take place. And I didn't care so much, I laughed and gave myself a pat on the back. Why? Oh, I caught it all. I didn't have to clean one piece of furniture or the rug or wipe any floor or throw away any toy. Yep, I'm getting good. I can handle being the target if I don't have to use Resolve afterwards.

Hm, I guess you had to be there. Erik thought it was funny when I told him. Okay, we're all better now. Fever, barf, better, rash, gone. What else...

Forts! Erik has been waiting for this day to come. In fact, after I did a quick repair, I was told I built it wrong. Um, they used one blanket. Ha! But it was beautiful and Max loved it. Max is serving "lunch" below.
First day of fall? Pumpkin cookies. Remember this funny video from last year? Same cookies, bigger kid. Best cookies ever. And wow, Max had REALLY bad hair.
Fall colored Marigolds from our garden.
Here's where some of the crafting energy has gone. I stayed up late watching American Pickers one night and make this. Yup, I like it. I made Erik tell me how cute it was like a hundred times the next day.

I cleaned out my purse. Then I realized it smelled like old milk. Hm, I wonder why. Cause all this stuff could never make a purse smell, right? (The stuff on the left is all garbage). On a regular day, just take all this and add a bottle and a sippy cup.

We have welcomed a new family into our home. Please join us in welcoming the "Tay-doh Fam-we". They have been a great addition. Although their bad manners are rubbing off on a certain 2 year old.I had to take a picture of Max reading the newspaper. Actually, he talked the newspaper. He talks everything. Always. His mouth is always moving. But oh man, is he funny.
Feeding the birds. Most people throw old bread. We cook them carrots and make sure they eat them all. Later that night Max ripped off the poor birds legs and called him a duck.
Now, brace yourselves....THE BEST SALAD EVER!!!!! So, I know I've talked about this website before: Our Best Bites. In fact, I may have even posted about this salad before: Thai peanut noodle salad. Our favorite. Go make it. It's easy. Go have fun on their website. It's adorable.
Cutting his fingers off? Nah, just practicing with scissors.
Erik and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary. I sure love him. He is doing really well with his new job. He's still at the hospital and is picking up shifts on the ambulance as they become available. Meaning, he's not home very often. He's working hard and doing what he loves. You know when you see the ambulance go by and you sort of peek into the cab looking for a cute boy? Yeah, when he leaves in his uniform I get that feeling. He's my cute boy! (Don't laugh at the cake. I made it last minute and it's mostly frosting since I screwed it up so bad).
We went to the Oakland Zoo with two of our favorite people. Here is Max with Nicholas. And this photo explains it all. They are so funny together. They even got "a-talkin'-to" by one of the workers because of their noise level around the animals.
So that pretty much sums it up. That's not true, there is so much more, like an awesome camping trip with my family. But, I think I winded myself with the long story about barf. I hope to post again soon so the first picture you see on my blog isn't of a rashy kid. But don't count on it. I may get Blogstipation.

2 thoughts of your own:

Kelly said...

What a GREAT post!!!

Gma Mills said...

Fun post to read! I don't remember saying Happy Anniversary, so Happy Anniversary! Love the description of Max loving being correct in his prediction of Alex barfing! So funny.