My morning:
Eat breakfast. Puke. Just a little though. But enough to remind me of the pain I still have from yesterday's puking. Still sore from mid-chest up to my right ear.
Used last diaper. Search around house, find two. Think that will be plenty until Erik gets home from school, with the car, to buy more.
My last hour:
Email Erik to stop at Costco on the way home.
Get text from Erik. Throwing up with flank pain. Another kidney stone.
Erik calls, short of breath. We decide he has to discuss it with his instructor. Big test this afternoon. We hang up.
I call my Mom in case we need her driving help today (Erik's class was held in Napa today). She's in Southern California.
Call sister Kelly at work, she says she can help if needed.
Erik calls, needs to go to ER.
Call Kelly, she's superwoman and on her way. Start thinking of pick-up situation.
Get call from lender requesting more paperwork.
Burn hand on Max's lunch.
Try to keep Max from doing the same.
Call lender back. The last thing you want to hear form your lender is "So where's all your money?" Need to print multiple bank statements.
Scarf down lunch, hope that Max will eat for a little longer.
Head to computer.
Get call from Mom, complain to her. Wonder if I can find a ride to Napa to get Erik and the car. She reminds me it's a holiday weekend. I-80 will be HORRID. She's right. Scratch that idea. Hope that Erik can hang out at Kelly's after he's done with the ER.
Get call from Kelly, can't hear her.
Get text from Kelly, waiting for Triage. It's going to be a looong visit.
Lunch didn't last, but Barney will! Transfer child.
Start to print up statements. All while texting back and forth with lender.
Receive email from realtor. Repairs done but she needs a check today to pay the guy. Think, I don't have a car. I could walk. It might be nap time too. I stink. Nap, shower, walk. Could drop off check and get diapers.
Smell poo. Cross fingers. Safe.
Office door closes, hear tennis ball bang against door several times. He's occupied.
Text from lender, need even more paperwork. Thank you internet!!!!
Pull, print, scan, copy, email...repeat...
Get call from Kelly. He's being seen. He filled two bags of puke in her car. He's covered in puke. He stinks. She has his phone, he'll probably call me when he's ready. Thank her.
Text Mom, fill her in.
Get another email from lender. Still need more paperwork. Geez, go to lunch already.
Fill her request. Wait for the next one....
Wait...type...wait...type...
Can't hear Max. Do I dare???? I do. And found this:
Man, I love that kid.
Forget about the last two hours. Stare at kid, take a picture.
Nothing else matters. Even if Erik has to sleep in Napa tonight. I'll be fine. He'll get better.
Max makes everything fit.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Making it all fit together.
Sassy thoughts by the mrazek family at 12:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 thoughts of your own:
OH MY GOSH! That sounds like the day from hell! When it rains it pours, right? I felt so sad for you after reading that. At least you found Max asleep. Cute little man! I hope you, Eric and Max are all doing okay.
what an lame day!!!but it is funny how a sleeping baby makes everything better! and he's so cute to so you really can't be upset after looking at him!
yeah, it sounds like Juli had a really rough day. Never mind the BOULDER that forced its way down a tube that is less than half the diameter of the stone itself. I've never puked from pain until then. And that was my 8th kidney stone. other than that my day was a breeze. LOL
Post a Comment