Saturday, February 14, 2009

Max wants to share something...

YUP! Max is going to be a big brother! We found out a couple weeks before Christmas. I am due late August. The date sort of keeps changing, but as of now it's the 25th. Two days after my Dad's birthday and two days before Kirra's. Things are going well so far, as far as the baby goes. We haven't been able to hear the heartbeat yet, but we have seen it on the ultrasound screen a few times. Because of previous complications, the doctor watched me a little closer during the first few months. And he will again at the end, for fear (my fear) of delivering another 12 pound giant. Even though Max and I were healthy, it's still risky. He's 95% sure it will be a scheduled C-section.
As for me, I have been feeling pretty yucky. It's a completely different pregnancy from Max. I was only sick a handful of times with him. This time it's several times a day. I'm pretty sure I'm almost done with it, but it hits me randomly. Most of the nausea is gone, but I'm still vomi...well, you know. I'm getting headaches all the time. I'm very emotional, cry at everything...even stupid American Idol. But, in my defense, it IS sad that the one guy lost his young wife, and it IS sad that the one guy is blind, and it IS sad that the girls are so mean, and it IS sad when people don't make it....right? Yeah...things like that.
Aside from that we are very excited! We haven't decided if we will find out the gender. It's going to be a long summer. A long, HOT summer. Max knows there is a baby in mommy's belly. Well, knows to point to Mommy's belly when we ask where the baby is. The picture below is the one Erik put on his facebook page. It's funny because Max is covering his eyes like, "Oh no!".

Okay. There. It's out. Finally.
Happy Valentine's Day!
(and Happy Birthday Mom!)




4 thoughts of your own:

Jenna said...

CONGRATS!

Kelly said...

Thanks for telling me via the blog. You're a butt.

PJ and Me said...

yeah for new babies and big brothers. We are so excited for you!!

Wendi's Secrets To Life said...

Congrats I can't wait to meet him or her. I can have a new little friend to play with now