Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Big A, little a, what begins with A...

Artichokes and Artwork! A...A...A!

It's been a while since we've updated the blog. It's also been a while since we've had the camera out too. But Max hasn't forgotten his modeling skills. We had artichokes for dinner a few nights ago and Max was eating them like a pro....until I got the camera out. It was really hard for him to see a camera and not smile, and just eat. So the eating was put on hold for a little bit so he could show off his monster teeth. (Notice the mayo on his cheek, he loved them!)


Last Friday night we took a trip to Napa and watched Kirra's basketball game. During the game Max was sitting on Kelly's lap and coloring with a pen. So that encouraged us to try it out at home with crayons. He thought it was pretty cool. This masterpiece took him about 20 minutes but he did use a variety of colors. He was really into putting he crayons back into the box, and dumping them out, and putting them back into the box, and dumping them out...you get the "picture".

As for everything else....

Erik is starting school again tomorrow. He had a nice winter break catching up on sleep and enjoying more than one day off a week. We found out on Tuesday he will be having surgery on his wrist. It's a worker's comp thing and has been receiving treatment for about a year or so, with little to no relief. So it's surgery time. It should be a quick outpatient procedure. But, will most likely involve a cast up to his elbow. And 6 weeks off work. (Help me!)

I have been working at my parents office for a couple months, part time. Just helping them out on a project. It makes me appreciate even more that I can stay home with Max. Working Mom's need way more credit then they get. The days that I am at the office are so much more difficult. It involves so much more planning; getting me and a baby ready to leave by 8, sometimes (like last night) not getting home until after 6pm. I'm glad it's just part time, and the extra cash flow is great. I don't know how Mom's do it 5 days a week. A big pat on the back for you! (Don't get me wrong though, staying home can be really sucky sometimes too. But I figure if you can do it in your pajamas, it can't be that bad, right?)

And Max. Where do I start. He's had a rough few weeks. He had a double ear infection and a bronchial infection. Which we think was causing all the throwing up and restless nights. He's much better now and the last three nights he has slept all night. Unfortunately those night's he has woken up SOAKED from his chin to his knees. There is always something, right? He is such a funny kid. He loves loves loves dogs and playing outside. The Kapele's got him a "bike" for his birthday and he scoots around on that thing like he was born to do it. I have pictures, but on my phone and I don't know how to transfer them yet. He has 4 molars now and I think two more are coming. OUCH!

We are still house hunting and looking at a few places. It's really odd to walk into a house and think, 'Could I make this my home?'. We had to ditch our first agent who turned out to be a total bonehead. We like our new lady and she seems really motivated to find us what we are looking for.

I think that's it for now. We hope you are all enjoying 2009...more to come...

0 thoughts of your own: