I put Max in his most "Halloweenie" outfit. Nicole made this jumper for her kids and now Max is cruisin' in it. Later he will be dressed as pirate and his stroller will be transformed into a pirate ship.
Above is Max when I told him to say "Cheese!". Below he's checking out his Halloween books
I wake up on Halloween morning and everything is going smoothly. Max isn't fussy, Erik gets off to school okay, I'm actually able to empty the dishwasher before noon. In fact, it's not even 9 am and my kitchen is CLEAN! After breakfast and a diaper change (for Max, not me) I go around the house to open the blinds and curtains.
I see my cute little grapevine pumpkin near the front window..... and this on top of it:
My sister Kelly just posted abut finding spiders in her house and much like her, I HATE SPIDERS!!! I can handle bugs and other crawlies and insects. But spiders really gross me out. They are sneaky and fast and they bite! (sort of like kids, but creepier!).
My sister Kelly just posted abut finding spiders in her house and much like her, I HATE SPIDERS!!! I can handle bugs and other crawlies and insects. But spiders really gross me out. They are sneaky and fast and they bite! (sort of like kids, but creepier!).Erik likes to catch unusual spiders and find out what kind they are so, being the nice wife that I am, I tried to catch it. But he disappeared...into my cute little pumpkin. So I grabbed the BBQ tongs and took the adorable fall decoration outside to spray the living daylights out of it and get that spider!
I found some Lysol. Ready....aim....fire... The little bugger came crawling out for air. He surrendered. As I was catching him, his partner in crime came flying out of nowhere (remember we are outside...in the rain) to rescue him. So now I have a stupid white spider (with wings?) messing up my morning as well.
The white spider got away. But it's outside and I don't care. The black spider (which I learned is a BLACK WIDOW) is curled up in a dead ball of spider mess. But he is in a container, as my trophy. Outside.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!!



4 thoughts of your own:
You didn't know that was a Black Widow??? JULIE! Just seeing the picture of it put me into a frenzy. I hate them too, especially the kind that can KILL MY KIDS! Holy crap. I'm all nervous. whew...
WICK-ED! Didn't know you were flaunting with your own demise, didja? Thanks for the great Halloween story.
I was so hoping to see Max all tricked out. You will post him in his costume later, won't you?
Gotta love that cheese picture, tho. Cheese and then some!
I swear Vacaville has a bigger breed of Spiders....UGH!!! I hate them! Why on earth are they on this earth. They make me want to barf.
Man, that is a hugh spider. Jen has some hugh ones in Nebraska. Yuck, although I can take spiders over snakes. Geeez.
Post a Comment