Monday, September 5, 2011

The Mysterious Mind of Max

I guess it's not so mysterious. He is three. Lot's of things travel through a three-year-old's mind. And at a very fast pace. Here's a typical conversation with Max.
Max: Mom!!!! Look!! I see a backhoe loader!!!!
Me: Oh yeah, that's cool Max.
Max: Mom? What's a backhoe loader?
Me: The tractor you just pointed out to me.
Max: Oh. Mom? What's a tractor?

It can last an entire car ride.

Today:

Max: Mom? What street are we on?
Me: Elmira.
Max: Mom? What street are we on now?
Me: Still on Elmira.
Max: What street are we on now?
Me: On Elmira still. We will be on this street for a long time.
Max: Oh. We'll be on Emilera for a long time? Oh. Okay. Well what street are we on now? (stopped at stoplight)
Me: Still Elmira, sweetheart.
Max: Oh. Okay.
Max: Mom? What street are we on now. (still at stoplight)
Me: Uh...Main Street, Max.

This is pretty normal at bedtime:

After the "routine" it is silent for a few minutes, I assume he's asleep. Nope.

Max: So...Mom...tell me all about your favorite jet plane.
Me: It's time for sleep, Max.
Max: Okay, because mine is .....blah blah blah...

I would just love to get lost inside his little mind one day.

1 thoughts of your own:

GmaMills said...

So cute! Always thinking about something!