Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Disneyland 2011

I'm finally blogging about our trip. Every single time I try and post pictures I quickly find two little Disney fans glued to my side screaming and squealing from excitement, pointing, naming, and begging to return. I completely understand it all and it turns into a fun little trip down memory lane.

We drove down in the veeeery early hours (after Erik got off work) of a Wednesday morning. We had three day passes that were starting that very day. So we were in a hurry! My younger brother, John, and his wife, Carla, and their three kids were there that day too.....and they had GRANDMA MILLS
(my Mom) with them! It was their "day three" and they were leaving town the next day. So, we were so lucky to be able to spend the day with them.

And...

We got to keep Grandma to ourselves for the next two days! Did you hear that? Grandma got to be at Disneyland for FIVE days! With Grand babies. Seriously, it's her happy place. And when you go with her, it's your happy place too.

One day when we were walking into the park there was another family close-by. We overheard the Mom say "Oh, you guys, I think I'm gonna cry." My Mom and I looked at each other and said, "Yeah, we totally get her." I know, it sounds way nerdy. But it's such a magical place!!!

All pictures are out of order.
And in 99.9% of all pictures, someone is looking the wrong way.

The boys in Toon Town, driving the fire truck.



Alex in Max's new pirate hat.


Wednesday was VERY HOT! At least 95 degrees. Here are the boys trying to cool off with cold treats.



Max posing with his personal pirate.


On Thursday we spent some time at California Adventure. It was the first time there for us (not my Mom) and we had fun exploring. Here are Max and Erik posing in the Toy Box.


Max's favorite ride was Pirates of the Caribbean. We probably went on in a hundred times. He was able to pick out his very own pirate hat. At this dinner, he asked for the map of the park and quickly turned it into his treasure map. He sang the pirates theme song the whole time. And made Erik turn his hat on backwards to be his trusty assistant, Mr. Smee.
 

Erik and Max riding Dumbo.


All of us on Alice in Wonderland. It was pretty quiet that morning so the operator offered to take a photo. Nice guy.


At California Adventure we were able to watch a Disney Junior Live! show. It was all the characters the boys love to watch on TV. They got to dance and sing and they loved every second of it. This photo sums up Alex. Really wants to have fun. But reeeealllly wants to have Mom in sight. At.All.Times.


We sort of surprised the boys with this. The line kind of goes around a little corner so we waited and then BAM! Mater and McQueen. They were SO stinking excited. Max hugged McQueen on his way out.


Erik and Max on Autopia. Notice a trend here? Max wanted to do every ride with his Daddy. Which was fine, since Alex doesn't want me out of his sight. He even puked on my Mom from crying so hard when Erik and I went on a ride together. Sorry, Mom.
I love the seriousness on Max's face here.


Wednesday night we went to dinner at Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. We snapped this picture of Riley, Max and John while walking there. Super cute.


Payten, Max and Riley on the Jungle Cruise. See their red faces? So HOT!


Okay, so this ride is boring, yes. But the kids love it and it had A/C.


The first ride we (and by we, I mean Erik and Max) went on was The Matterhorn. I really don't think Max had any idea what he was getting himself into. But he did it again. And he did Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain too.


Here they are on a jellyfish ride (I think?). I loved that you can see Max's little head peeking out.



At the end of the day, you find this. Pure exhaustion.


We had the most amazing trip. It was quick and busy.
And we can't wait to go back!

2 thoughts of your own:

The San Diego Mills said...

It looks like you all had such a fun time, your boys are so cute! It's too bad it had to be so friggin hot! We're planning on taking Addy for her birthday in October, wanna come?

Gma Mills said...

Such fun! Loved the week. Got to see the newest generation of grandkids experience the joy! Max and his pirates and Payten and Riley their princesses.