Saturday, August 21, 2010

Camping at Lake Alpine

We decided VERY last minute we needed to get away. We took the boys for a two night camping trip at Lake Alpine. It was so beautiful. The boys had a blast.


The air matress was a great toy!

Could these two be any more alike? I love it!


Getting ready to celebrate...




...the big day! We got to celebrate Alex's first birthday while camping! We sang to him and he destroyed his cupcake. Just as it should be!















This is what happens when a glow stick explodes.




Hanging out at the campfire.




Day two, we hung ut at the lake. It was incredibly beautiful. the boys were in complete heaven.








Max was so busy the entire trip. He talked non-stop. He loved every little thing he did.





He was so busy and oops...oh well. Stuff like this doesn't matter when you camp, right?



It was a great trip. The boys did great (except for the freezing morning, that wasn't so fun). On our drive up, we saw a mama bear and her two cubs running across the highway. I've never seen that, it was amazing! We had bats flying around our campground the second night. Great camping neighbors, kissing chipmunks, fun walks, feeding ducks, lots of dirt to dig in and eat, lots of giggling and funny chats, Obi had fun jumping in the water for sticks, easy cooking and clean-up, and so much more. We can't wait to go again!

















4 thoughts of your own:

Kelly said...

I love all of the pictures! I love that the boys get to get dirty and enjoy life outside of the house. I hope we can go with you sometime. It looks beautiful!

Gma Mills said...

Looks like a great place! Happy family!

The San Diego Mills said...

It looks like your boys had a blast! How could they not with all the dirt and rocks there right? A belated happy birthday to Alex! (I hope he will forgive me for my tardiness!) He's such a cute little fella. Also, I meant to say like 10 posts ago, big congrats on Erik getting a job! It seems like he's great at what he does!

amie said...

Ok first, LOVE the butt crack- awesome. And second, so cool that you all camp even when the boys are this young. I always chickened out and not I am regretting I didn't just DO it. SO fun