Monday, August 17, 2009

Dear Max,

You have no idea what is going to happen to you tomorrow. I have no idea how to break it to you. It may take you a few days to figure out and possibly longer to understand. But, please do not think we are cruel because we are doing this to you. Daddy and I love you very much and hope you understand why we have to change things.

We loved having you as our little boy. Our only little boy. We took many many pictures and wrote about you and video taped you. We cherished every moment. You will always be our first big boy.

Again, please don't be angry with us. We put a lot of thought into this and Daddy and I both feel this will be a good decision on your behalf. It may not feel like it for many years, but one day you will understand.

Tonight, you go to sleep as an only child. Tomorrow........ you become........ a..... BIG BROTHER!

I'm going to go watch you sleep now. And when you start screaming at 3am to come into our bed, I will squeeze and cuddle you tighter.

We love you,

Mommy and Daddy

P.S. I don't know what happened to your forehead. This picture was the first I saw of it this evening. This happens to you a lot.

P.P.S. That thing on your upper arm is a tattoo. Daddy put it there. It's a mean, tough skull with guns. The other arm has sparkles that says "Hottie"...we're trying to keep you balanced.

P.P.S.S. And say good-bye to your crib (soon).

6 thoughts of your own:

Madsen Family said...

SO cute! what a fun idea.

Kelly said...

Poor max...I totally know how he will feel. Mom and Dad really sock it to you..bringing home another kid. So not fair. Sorry Max. Someday you will love your new brother or sister, like when their married and have cute babies at their house.

The San Diego Mills said...

Awww....so this pretty much made me cry. It don't know why I said pretty much, because it actually did make me cry. I hope everything goes well with Max as a big brother. I bet it will be cool for him to read this letter when he gets older.

amie said...

Very sweet- I love it. You are such a good mommy. Can't wait to see pics of the new little guy!

PJ and Me said...

First of all Congrats on little Alexander...Second, thanks for making me cry. That was precious!!!

Gma Mills said...

Me too. Lots of love there!