You know you've heard the saying, "All kids want is the cardboard box it comes in." Well it's true. Especially with my kid. He does love boxes and he especially loves boxes with pictures of vacuum's on them. John and Carla gave us some of their boxes they used with their recent move and they have sure come in handy. As a babysitter. A couple months ago the box in the picture below became Max's favorite spot to sit. He giggled every time he saw it and played with it for long periods of time. Well, it went into hiding for a little bit and I pulled it out again the other day to occupy him while I packed.
This kid LOVES vacuum's. Seriously. He loves them. Until they turn on. Then he'll run away or jump on the couch with fear. So for him, the box is perfect.

I know the picture below is not a good one, but I wanted to show a picture of Max with his smoothie. Erik's sister, Nicole, started drinking smoothies to add some nutrients to her system. So we started too. We've enjoyed fruit smoothies from home now and again. But now it's regular for us. Especially since Max won't eat anything green, unless it's a pickle. We add frozen fruit (any kind you like, we get a big bag from Costco), berries, yogurt, bananas, juice (any kind), etc. If you can plan ahead and freeze your fruit, I think it tastes better nice and cold. Add whatever you want. We added spinach for some greens and you can't taste it at all. I wouldn't drink it if you could. But Max doesn't know the difference. (I experimented with bell peppers once too...don't do it. Gross.) And we most recently added (ground) Flax seed. Throw it all in the blender (I used the food processor too, when our blender broke).
Luckily we had a cup leftover from Fenton's that works well for the thick smoothies. But a sippy cup with a bigger sipping hole has worked for him too.
It's a simple way to get some healthy items in your system, and Max's. We've frozen the leftovers in popsicle molds too. Max LOVES them. Cold and sweet...mmmmm...

Try it, you'll like it.
I know the picture below is not a good one, but I wanted to show a picture of Max with his smoothie. Erik's sister, Nicole, started drinking smoothies to add some nutrients to her system. So we started too. We've enjoyed fruit smoothies from home now and again. But now it's regular for us. Especially since Max won't eat anything green, unless it's a pickle. We add frozen fruit (any kind you like, we get a big bag from Costco), berries, yogurt, bananas, juice (any kind), etc. If you can plan ahead and freeze your fruit, I think it tastes better nice and cold. Add whatever you want. We added spinach for some greens and you can't taste it at all. I wouldn't drink it if you could. But Max doesn't know the difference. (I experimented with bell peppers once too...don't do it. Gross.) And we most recently added (ground) Flax seed. Throw it all in the blender (I used the food processor too, when our blender broke).
Luckily we had a cup leftover from Fenton's that works well for the thick smoothies. But a sippy cup with a bigger sipping hole has worked for him too.
It's a simple way to get some healthy items in your system, and Max's. We've frozen the leftovers in popsicle molds too. Max LOVES them. Cold and sweet...mmmmm...
Try it, you'll like it.



1 thoughts of your own:
Ummm...I think you should make some for the Napa group. Yummmmy.
Post a Comment