We've had a lot of fun watching the Olympic Games this year. It's fun to watch USA get the gold so often. They deserve it though, they train so hard and are so dedicated to their sport. I bet it feels great to have a gold medal placed around your neck. Erik and I are always amazed that these athletes make their sport look so easy.My Dad was able to volunteer at the games and when I think of it now, what an amazing thing to do! I remember he had to wear a teal-ish blue coat and had a specific tie to match. We would be asleep before he'd make it home at night but there was always a treat for us the next morning. Apparently he had access to all the free M&M's and Snicker's he wanted. (That is really cool when you're seven!) We had a freezer full of candy. We did get to tour the stadiums and he got a lot of souvenir's. I found my postcard he mailed me from the Village. We all got one and I thought I mine was the best because it has a swimmer on the front.
(note the mailing date---I pulled this out of a photo album last night! weird!)
Congrats to the USA athletes! We're rooting for you!



4 thoughts of your own:
Carla and I love the Olympics like a fat kid loves cake! ( I didnt make that up, im not that creative)
Im amazed how interested I am in synchronized diving. The Olympics it make the random sports more fun.
Glad to see Brazil get 4 medals so far.
John forgot to mention it was men's synchronized diving that amazed him.
HAHAHAHAHAHA yeah he's pretty much a girl. haha j/k I think it is so awesome you found the post card on the same date, it really is so cool!
That post card is awesome! So totally 80's. I find it amazing that you still have it and actually knew where it was. We're loving the Olympics also. I think Shawn Johnson is the cutest little lady ever and every time I see her I just want to pinch her cheeks!
Post a Comment